Tonight we had mashed sweet potatoes and they were delicious! Here’s the recipe:
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & diced
- Zest & juice of 1/2 navel orange
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- In a medium pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- When water is boiling, add sweet potatoes.
- Cover & cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- When potatoes are tender, drain the water and return potatoes to pot.
- Mash potatoes to desired consistency.
- Add the juice & zest of 1/1 navel orange.
- Add the coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Salt to taste.
I served this with chicken and lima beans…..
Oh! And don’t waste the rest of that orange – serve it with the meal!
Recipe borrowed from Oxygen Magazine.