In the past, I’ve been challenged to spend the first 21 days of January fasting. I’ve done the Daniel Fast. I’ve given up television. I’ve tried to drink only water. I’ve tried several fasts in the past but this last one has proven particularly beneficial for me.
You see, I decided to fast Pinterest for the first 21 days of January. I challenged myself to do more and browse less.
This is what I’ve accomplished so far:
- I’ve read the Wheat Belly Book by William Davis
- I’ve read Inside the Box by T.J. Murphy
- I’ve made several little outfits for Liberty (see pictures below)
- I’ve made a pair of pajama bottoms for Hannah
- I began a new exercise program called Crossfit
- I’ve gone on my first mountain bike ride of the year.
- I’ve taken the dogs for a walk.
- I’ve taken three naps!
- I’ve been in bed and asleep by 10:30 and awake by 6:00
I’m living life instead of browsing through other people’s accomplishments and wish-lists and this makes me feel good about myself! I feel productive! Also, I’ve found that I’m not comparing my perceived lack of talent with what others can or want to do. Like a child, I’m learning all over again to do the best I can with what I’ve got.
I’m happier. More creative. And am loving making clothes for my baby girl.
What about you? Are you browsing through life instead of living it?